Friday, January 11, 2013

Can you buy a nice phone at a small cost?

I finally got annoyed at my Apple 3G. It needed to be flashed with firm ware but Apple dropped support for this long ago. So I wanted a new phone

  • It had to be cheap under $200
  • Have ICS (Android 4.0) or greater
  • Have a dual core processor at least 1Ghz
  • 1GB of memory
  • It would be really nice if it had a Micro SD card and replaceable battery.
  • It would be nice if it had GSM sims
  • Most important no contract pay as you go with a plan cost of $50

This was hard since the Nexus 4 met some of my requirements but it was sold out Cricket has a Samsung S3 for $329 but it was not available in my market since it was 4G only.

Virgin had a HTC EVO 4G for less $150 and it met 95% of my needs. So I was not GSM and the unlimited plan was $55. So I switched and I've been really happy. I dropped in a 32GB micro SD and I got a great phone. The works with the Google play store and all my music

Cost for the plan over 24 month is $1300 for unlimited everything. So I ate my own advice and went Apple free.

No comments: