Thursday, December 15, 2011

I feel so sorry for you poor PC user. I've got a Mac.

Have you ever got the look or comment from an Apple user "I feel so sorry for you poor PC user. I've got a Mac and its wonderful". I'm not an average user so don't expect this to be an average experience. When I see a Mac user what goes through my mind is "I feel so sorry for you poor Mac user. I've got a PC and its wonderful.". Notice I did not say a Microsoft PC, because that's just a small part of it. Linux is a great OS too. OK first off Mac's are beautifully designed, easy too use and give a very cool impression. But to me that a lot like telling a Builder to use a current generation VW bug. It may get the average user from A to B but it does not cut it for my needs for hauling supplies and customizations. I build my own PC, change out operating systems and hardware parts every few months. This is enough for Steve Job to turn in his grave, he wanted to control the end user to his view of the world. That was great for a user that wants a web browser, spreadsheet and word processor (possibly video editing) with little worry over virus and maintenance for three years and can drop over $1,000 every three years. Pixar does not use Apple computers to render its movies, Apples backend servers may well be a Windows Azure cloud solution. I've heard it said that's a very first world view point about a certain situation. I feel that very close to people talking about Apple. The Apple store may be doing very well in Shanghai but in rural China an Apple Store is not going to be appropriate.

No comments: